Hi, I'm Fiona Schipke, a Counsellor and certified Clinical EFT Practitioner.
Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) has the advantage of accessing core issues, processing and resolving them in a gentle way. The memory remains but the physical reactions and sensations and emotional triggers are 'deleted'. This technique is great for finding the root cause of stress, anxiousness, PTSD, phobias, weight issues, emotional eating, relationship issues, negative and limiting beliefs and excessive emotions, EFT often works when nothing else does.
I am based in Carbrook, Qld, Australia and work successfully both in-person and online.
You may reach me on 0433 307649 or via my contact form.
HOW DOES EFT WORK?
EFT has roots in the theory that a person’s unresolved negative emotions, memories, feelings and experiences have deep psychological consequences that hinder the body's natural ability to maintain optimal health.
By focusing on the negative thoughts, feelings or emotions of a memory while tapping on specific points on the body, EFT instructs the body to go from a stress reaction to a state of calm or 'rest and digest' state, from the sympathetic to parasympathetic nervous system, substantially lowering the stress hormone cortisol.
Although the memory still exists, thinking of it no longer brings intense emotions or triggers. The client also usually has a cognitive shift and is able to release any fear or negative core belief subconsciously 'encoded' at the time of the actual event/trauma. This is now replaced with a healthy, positive and more realistic belief. For example, “I always fail” may become, “I have had some failures, as everyone has, but I have also had a lot of success and I am able to learn from my mistakes”. Or “I never lose weight” may become “I can see now that I was believing what someone told me when I was 10 and I realise that is about them and not about me.”
HOW CAN EFT BENEFIT YOU?
Tapping has been shown to be highly effective in facilitating improvements or changes in the following areas:
- Performance. Sport, public speaking, dance, music, weight loss and career goals, and more.
- Limiting negative core beliefs and fears. These can be discovered and reframed by the client from negative to positive. This is often due to some traumatic event that has caused a limiting negative core belief to be subconsciously made in that moment.
- Stress hormones. Such as cortisol are substantially reduced by tapping.
- Phobias. EFT is especially effective in reducing or eliminating phobias, often in only a few sessions.
- PTSD. Debilitating symptoms may be reduced or eliminated. Eight randomised controlled trials have shown that EFT reduces PTSD symptoms by over 50%. The Veteran's Stress Project (USA) lists quotes and stories from many veterans, some of whom had been suffering for decades, how EFT reduced or eliminated their PTSD symptoms.
- Physical symptoms. Doctors estimate that a large percentage of pain is emotional and when intense emotion is released 'only' the physical component of the pain remains, which is often greatly reduced. Other symptoms of a disease/illness may also be reduced in the same way.
- Emotional control Excessive anger, anxiety, sadness, grief, anxiety and shame may have an impact on the quality of relationships, sleep and behaviour. EFT assists in finding and eliminating the root cause/s of the emotional triggers, allowing the choice of a healthier response.
CLINICAL EFT RESEARCH
Some study results showing the benefits of tapping are:
- Church & Brooks, 2011 - pain may be reduced by up to 68%
- Stapleton et al., 2014; Church et al., 2018 - weight may be reduced by 11-22 lbs per year
- Groesbeck et al, 2018 - Cortisol may be reduced by up to 37%
- Clond, 2015 - Anxiety may be reduced by up to 40%
- Sebastian & Nelms, 2016 - PTSD of veterans may be reduced up to 84%
- Brattberg, 2011; Hodge & Jurgens, 2014 - Autoimmune disease symptoms may be reduced by up to 33%
- Helms & Castel, 2016 - Depression may be reduced by up to 41%
Fiona got right to the root of my performance anxiety and tendency to choke under pressure (I am a pianist/keyboard player). After one session, I was performing freely, in flow, and enjoying playing for the first time in a long while.
I was lucky enough to find Fiona on the internet. She in Brisbane … Me in New Zealand. Using Zoom to communicate, I find working with Fiona is stress-free and creating awesome results.
Fiona has a great combination of life-experience and EFT expertise plus a friendly manner that makes her easy to talk to. We started with money issues and I found the process so effective that we have since worked on family and weight challenges with equally positive results.
I recommend Fiona, wholeheartedly as a gifted practitioner and brilliantly authentic human.
I have completed several EFT tapping sessions with Fiona and find her to be a highly intuitive and effective practitioner. She creates a safe space and gets to the core of the issue in a really meaningful way. I am totally safe to share anything with Fiona without judgement. I look forward to continuing to work with her on an ongoing basis.
I wanted to say that even though the process was foreign to me, you guided me well. I appreciated the quiet way you instructed me to the next stage. I had no idea what I was to do but you helped me frame the words and I became more comfortable each time. You were confident in the way you led me and I relaxed into that. Each time I became more at ease - and then you introduced a new word - but by then I felt ok about looking for my own - you gave me permission to express myself the way I wanted to. Your guidance was clear and soft and this helped me feel more comfortable with touching the pain. You are gentle and patient and don’t get flustered with raw things. You think as you listen and are slow in moving forward. So many things are rush-rush but you are willing to sit and listen and wait. You engender trust in my - I feel safe and I was very aware of your desire to help and support and come alongside and not judge and I knew I was on safe ground. Thank you.
I found that doing the tapping with Fiona, my practitioner has helped me immensely. As someone who suffers from severe anxiety and stress I have found that the tapping has helped me let go of my anxiety, the stress and refocus again. After each session, I am left feeling relaxed and happy. I would and have recommended it to others, as I have found it is working for me, better than most of the other techniques out there and I will continue to use tapping for years to come.
I enjoyed working with Fiona during our tapping sessions. She is a very caring and empathic practitioner who is skilled at guiding you where you need to go. I felt instantly safe and at ease with her. I know if you choose to work with Fiona you will be in good hands in getting the results you want.
What to Expect
How much will a session cost?
A 60 minute session is $130.
Phone me on +61433307649 to book a time.